Yavitz Insurance Agency, Inc. and our Affiliates take your privacy very seriously. We share a commitment to protect your privacy and the confidentiality of personal information – non-public information that identifies you.
As providers of insurance products and services that involve compiling personal and sometimes, sensitive information, protecting the confidentiality of that information has been, and will continue to be, a top priority of Yavitz Insurance Agency, Inc. and our broker Affiliates (collectively referred to herein as “YIA & Aff.”). We believe that you should know about the information we collect, the measures we take to safeguard it, and the situations in which we might share information with select business partners. This notice explains how YIA & Aff. handles and protects the personal information we collect.
I. We collect only the customer information necessary to consistently deliver responsive products and services.
YIA & Aff. collects information that helps serve your insurance needs, provides high standards of customer service, develops and offers new products and services for our customers and potential customers, and fulfills legal and regulatory requirements. The sources and types of information collected generally vary depending on the products or services you request and may include:
- Information provided by you on your application and related forms, for example, your name, age, address, social security number, drivers license number, email address, annual income and health history.
- Information provided by you and others including information relating to your employment, other insurance coverage, habits, avocations, finances, and other personal characteristics.
- Information from third-party reports and/or consumer reporting agencies, such as consumer credit history, motor vehicle records, demographic and/or medical information, if relevant to your product or service.
- Information about your relationship and transactions with us and other insurers such as products and services purchases, transaction history, claims history, and premiums.
- Information from hospitals, doctors, laboratories, and other companies that provide information about your past and present health condition. Information regarding your present health condition will be collected as we deem appropriate to determine eligibility for coverage, to process claims, to prevent fraud, and as authorized by you, or as otherwise permitted by law.
II. We maintain safeguards to ensure information security.
III. We limit how, and with whom, we disclose customer information.
We do not sell lists of our customers, nor do we disclose customer information to marketing companies outside YIA & Aff.
Under no circumstances do we share personal health information for marketing purposes.
We may disclose all the personal information we collect (described and illustrated above), as permitted by law: We may disclose this information in the following types of situations:
- Disclosures To Affiliates: We may share or exchange your personal information that we collect from you and/or others, information regarding the products and services you have purchased from us, and information from third party reports among YIA & Aff., such as our brokers, all of whom follow our Privacy Policies.
- Disclosures To Non-Affiliated Third Parties and Service Providers: We may share or exchange your personal information, transaction information, and information from consumer reporting agencies that we collect with companies engaged to perform support services for us, such as:
- Providing underwriting, administrative, claims, customer assistance, or other services;
- Preparing, printing and delivering statements and other documents;
- Protecting against fraud; and
- Providing systems support including developing or maintaining software.
- Disclosures to Marketing Firms: We may disclose personal information that we collect to companies with which we have marketing arrangements, such as companies that help us market our products and services.
- Disclosure of Health Information: We may disclose all the health information we collect. For example, we may disclose it to determine eligibility for coverage, to carry our treatment functions, to process claims for payment functions and other health operations, to prevent fraud, and as authorized by you, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- Disclosures of Former Customer Information: We do not share information regarding former customers unless an insurance provider desires to audit the applicable policy or the government and/or a governmental agency performs an audit of our company.
- Disclosures Permitted By Law: We also may disclose personal information permitted or required by law or regulation. For example, we may disclose information to comply with an inquiry by a government agency or regulator, in response to a subpoena, or to prevent fraud.
V. IMPORTANT PRIVACY CHOICES: Notice of Right to Opt-Out of Disclosure of Information.
As explained above, YIA & Aff. discloses, or reserves the right to disclose, nonpublic personal financial information about its consumers to non-affiliated third parties. If you prefer that we not disclose the information concerning the insurance products and services we provide you, which we share with nonaffiliated third parties, unless that disclosure is permitted by law, you have the right to direct us not to share it. If you wish to opt out of these disclosures, please indicate so by printing this page, checking the box below, providing the requested information, then returning the completed form to: Yavitz Insurance Agency, Inc., Attn: Privacy Officer, 12225 Clayton Road, St. Louis, MO 63131. PLEASE NOTE: This may delay your quote as we will be unable to submit your personal information to a company for a quote.
( ) I wish to opt out.
City: St: Zip:
VI. Right to file a complaint.
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated with respect to your private health information, you may file a complaint with the Department of Health and Human Services. To file a complaint with us, submit your complaint in writing to Yavitz Insurance Agency, Inc. Attn: Privacy Officer, 12225 Clayton Road, St. Louis, MO 63131.
VII. Right to access and amend your information.
You have a right to access your own information that has been collected. In addition, you have the right to receive information on how YAI & Aff. has used your information. In order to obtain information related to the foregoing, please submit a written request describing the information you are requesting so that YAI & Aff. may locate and retrieve such information. Within 30 business days from the date the request is received, YAI & Aff. will notify you of the nature and substance of your recorded personal information, inform you of the source(s) of such information, permit you to see and receive a copy of such information, and share with you to whom such information has been disclosed.
Also, you have the right to correct, amend or delete information that you believe is inaccurate. After submitting a request to do so, YAI & Aff. will carry out your request and provide written notice of same or, alternately, notify you of its refusal and your right to file a statement regarding the perceived inaccuracy. If you file a statement, we will send a copy of your statement to the parties, if any, to whom we previously disclosed the information and include it in any future disclosures.
VIII. New York Disclosure.